2023-11-04

A Many-Worlds Paradox?

Similar to several earlier posts involving quantum physics, this post will be presented in a manner that implies that I am, in some fashion, conversant with the concepts of quantum theory. However, in recognition of the notion of non-competence attributed to Nobel laureate Richard Feynman, I make no pretense to any manner of understanding quantum mechanics. Thus, corollarily to that postulated quantum axiom, one must eschew the understanding of quantum mechanics to have any hope of understanding it. I draw that mantle of inverse legitimacy close around me. Moreover, any issue regarding my competence has little, if any, bearing on the functions and principles of quantum physics, itself.

With any questions of my competence thus being suitably disclaimed, I would point out a
conundrum of the Many-Worlds answer to the question of quantum wave function collapse. If, as postulated by the many-worlds, or infinite universes theory, any and all universes are possible as a consequence of universal wavelength, then it must also be possible that a universe exists in which the many-worlds theory is not possible. What if we are living in that universe?

[?]

No comments:

Post a Comment